Civil Engineering Intern
Isthmus is committed to increasing opportunities for civil engineering students to gain practical experience in the field of transportation. We are offering a limited number of 2021 summer internships for students able to work up to 40 hours per week. Under close supervision, the Civil Engineering Intern will assist with transportation projects by performing basic engineering-related tasks related to highway/roadway design.
The general responsibilities for the position of Engineer Intern include:
- Performing basic engineering calculations
- Organizing information for use in design, drawings, or other documents
- Performing plan preparation using CADD
- Supporting engineers in various tasks and duties
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Current enrollment in an accredited post-secondary Civil Engineering program; 2 years or more of program completion preferred
- Focus on Transportation or General Civil Engineering
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation preferred
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Professional demeanor with positive team-focused attitude and excellent communication skills
Interested candidates, please send a cover letter and resume detailing courses pursued, and volunteer and work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Isthmus Engineering, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.