Civil Engineering Intern
Isthmus is committed to increasing opportunities for civil engineering students to gain practical experience in the field of transportation engineering. We are offering a limited number of 2022 summer internships for students able to work up to 40 hours per week. Under close supervision, the Civil Engineering Intern will assist with transportation projects by performing basic engineering-related tasks related to highway/roadway design.
The general responsibilities for the position of Civil Engineering Intern include:
- Performing basic engineering calculations
- Organizing information for use in design, drawings, or other documents
- Performing plan preparation using CADD
- Supporting engineers in various tasks and duties
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Current enrollment in an accredited post-secondary Civil Engineering program; 2 years or more of program completion preferred
- Focus on Transportation or General Civil Engineering
- Aptitiude and desire to work with CADD
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Professional demeanor with positive, team-focused attitude and excellent communication skills
Isthmus welcomes candidates looking for a full-time, part-time, or customized work schedule.
Interested candidates, please send a cover letter and resume detailing courses pursued, and volunteer and work experience to email@example.com.
Isthmus Engineering, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.